brow game strong
The other day at dinner my sister looked at me and said "your eyebrows are on fleek" which is the nicest thing she has said to me in recent memory (aside from this). Just kidding, she's a doll, but both of those comments were really nice. So anyway it got me thinking about my brow routine, and I thought I would share.
As a little background, I didn't start filling in my brows until about 3 years ago, which is crazy and mildly embarrassing because I have really light eyebrows. My first job out of school was with Target and one of my employees actually asked me if I had eyebrows. 😂 And then I didn't even start filling them in for another 4 years.
Anyway, I've experimented a lot and finally settled on the following routine which basically revolves around Benefit Cosmetics.
1. Waxing: I get my brows waxed at a Benefit Brow Bar about once a month. I love Benefit because they really take their time by doing something called brow mapping. I don't really feel like explaining it (haha) so if you want to learn more visit here. Then they wax and fill in your brows which is such a nice service. It's a little expensive, but beauty is money flying out of your bank account ladies, so get used to it!
2. Spoolie: I give my brows a little fluff and clean with a spoolie first. I just take these by the handful from Ulta or Sephora or wherever. Not sure if this is allowed really but I figure they are collecting at least 15% of my personal income so I deserve some sort of freebie. Occasionally, I'll ask my Benefit brow girl for some, and she'll just give them to me. That may be the more honest way of going about things. Anyway, fluff, fluff dem brows!
3. Gimme Brow: Next I just swipe this tinted gel in my brows. It gives them a bit of color and also thickens them up à la Cara Delevingne (just kidding, it's not that extreme, but a girl can dream!) Sometimes I'll just stop here (aka if I have 20 minutes to finish my hair and makeup and get dressed for work). But if I haven't hit snooze 5+ times or it's the weekend, I'll move onto step #4.
4. Brow Zings: Ok, Brow Zings took me awhile to master, and when I say master I mean I'm a total amateur. This little kit includes a wax and a powder. So I take my hard angled brush and dip it in the wax and then tap it a little in the powder. I brush it over my brows to add a base layer, and then I go back and outline the bottom of my brow to define the arch. This makes them about 3 shades darker which I kinda lurve. I'll take my little spoolie and run it through them again if it's looking a little intense and to distribute the color.
5. Comb: Last, I comb my brows so there are no weird flyaways with this eyelash comb. I used to buy cheap ones from the drugstore and would have to replace them all the time because the teeth would just completely fall off. I've had this one for probably 5+ years now so it's cost per use is a fraction of a cent at this point. Also, I clean it on the reg.
And that's it. Benefit recently revamped their brow line with new packaging and added some new products. I have tried them when I've been in store and liked them but haven't committed to any quite yet. If I'm being honest, I think 5 steps for a brow routine is enough though. Haha! 😒